Since being a stay at home wife, I get asked all the time, "So what do you do now Sarah?"
Well to be honest, I'm actually busy visiting/hanging out with friends, running errands, or working out. An average week for me consists of piano lessons, maybe a trip to Disneyland, Bootcamp, Running, visits to the mall, and cleaning.
But I do cherish the days that I get to enjoy by myself, at home, doing absolutely nothing, and being by myself.
On these kind of days, (because I'm experiencing that day right now) I don't like to be a completely gluttonous person. So I thought I would share my "Must Do's" with you on my ultimate lazy days.
So here we go:
1. Shower in the morning - It's so easy to just stay in my pajamas and not groom myself properly, but I find that the best lazy days are when I feel squeaky clean. This includes washing my hair, face, and feet. ;)
2. Comfortable but presentable clothes - I'm all about comfort when it comes to my wardrobe, but I also like to wear something that won't shock the UPS guy when he drops of my package. The "lounge wear" from Victoria Secret is a good example. I still sports bra it up too.
3. Fix the bed - I like a clean room and a clean bed changes a room entirely. You can have clothes on the floor, but as soon as you fix your bed, those clothes don't seem as much of a clutter. I actually fix the bed and carry around my blankey and pillow with me wherever I migrate around the apartment.
4. Put minimal makeup on - I know guys. This doesn't seem like something a lazy person would do, but honestly, if I have to put on normal clothes and go out unexpectedly, it's good to have some makeup on. When I say minimal, eyeliner and some lip stain is all I need.
5. Do the dishes - Okay, so I think you get the picture, I like to be lazy in a clean home. Dishes lying around is not okay for me. I imagine myself as the characters of Pride and Prejudice, what if someone comes over once again, unexpected?! I'm always prepared.
6. Light a candle - Smells are important, I like to light one candle so there's some aromatherapy going on.
7. Entertainment - If I'm not watching a TV show or a movie, I'm listening to music. There has to be something playing the background at all times. Silence is okay once in awhile but I'd go crazy if I didn't have my tunes to keep my mind engaged. Don't forget you can't be lazy without reading a good book either. Just the other day, Steph and I bought several books from Goodwill, so I'll be investing a couple of hours into reading.
8. Food it up - Make easy lunches that require less effort and easy cleanup. GRILLED CHEESE SANDWHICHES & SALADS. OMG. I love pepper jack cheese on sourdough bread. Heaven in a crusty goodness of cheese. :)
9. Manicures & Pedicures - I swear, if you do nothing at home all day, just by giving yourself a well deserved Mani/Pedi will make your day productive. ;)
10. If you really REALLY don't want to do anything day you "plan" to be lazy, I suggest doing these things the night before minus fixing your bed and the makeup (maybe the candles too).
The bottom line is: BE LAZY IN A CLEAN HOME.
If my home is clean then I don't feel half bad about watching 8 episodes of Greys Anatomy or Gossip Girl.
And to be honest, I can finish prepping for a lazy day in a good hour or two. Hair, makeup, loung wear, cleaning, etc...it can be finished well before 10am. That leaves the rest of my glorious day to me and my couch. <3
This list was totally random, but necessary because this is an honest to God list of what I tell myself to do on my "Lazy Days".
Thanks for letting me share this with you.
|Even girlfriend in this image is wearing blush, eyeliner, AND mascara! xD|